Thursday, March 26, 2009

Internship


Whenever I can't sleep, (like now) I visit Craigslist. It's good to know what's out there. There are plenty of low paying gigs but a fair number of scams. I caught this ad there. Apparently, there are people looking for help with running errands, answering phones and doing various grunt work and calling them 'Interns.'I am familiar with the concept. I was an intern at Marvel Comics in the 80's and grunt work was the job. But at least I got to rub shoulders with some very talented artists and editors. Nowadays, It seems that you can put an ad up and hope to find some student to pick up your laundry for free. I hope people are not buying into that.

1 comment:

Marie Javins said...

That's a great ad. And so true. There has to be an element of mentoring in an internship.