Sunday, January 14, 2007

The old-fashioned Fanzine


It used to be that if you picked up a fan Magazine about comicbooks, You would only read about comicbooks. No glossy photos of movie stars and no ads for DVDs or game systems. I used to enjoy WIZARD magazine when they had more preview art or a good interview. Now that they've started putting actors on the cover, I can't take it seriously as a comicbook fan mag.

I'm buying a lot of the TwoMorrows publications. They print BACK ISSUE Magazine and ROUGH STUFF Magazine. Two of my favorites. Back Issue deals with comics of the 70s and 80s, and Rough stuff talks about Penciling and Inking. Bob McLeod edits Rough Stuff and he gives a bracing critique! Very good stuff. If I want to know the latest in the comicbook biz, I'll go on the internet.

The above image is the cover of Amazing Heroes. An Old-fashioned Fanzine from 1986!

No comments: