Sunday, June 18, 2006

Storyboards


This entry is a response to Allen! He asked if I could post a sample of some storyboard work that I have done. Most companies frown upon their ideas being shown in public, So I won't tell you what company this was drawn for or what they are trying to sell. This is an example of the type of work an Advertising agency would accept (and pay for) from a freelance artist. I used a light pencil, then did the half tones in Nuetral Grey Marker. I finished in brush and pen. Sometimes I might get a script, but I spoke with an advertising copywriter for this one and he let me do my thing. All the communication was done on the phone and I sent him E-mails with the artwork at all stages of the job.

2 comments:

Urban Barbarian said...

Great boards, Don!

BTW, thanks for stopping at my blog! I left a link to your ultra cool Gunpowder Girl and the Outlaw Squaw TPB on mine! I've had this publishing pipe dream for over two years now and I can never manage the time...

How long did it take you to finish up everything?

Loved the Sepia Style printing!

Don Hudson said...

Thanks for the link to your blog, I could use some publicity! I know that it's hard to find time to do the things you love when the rent is due. I will look for your book whenever you finish.

It must have taken me a year and a half from start to finish not counting the lettering and color time. Thanks to Steve Buccellato and Richard Starkings for the super jobs! I should thank Kieron Dwyer for the Sepia inpiration. His Book, "The Last of the Independents" looked so great, Steve thought that my western would look great if we used it.